10.10.2005

| $1.99 + tax |

steam package my bones
in cardboard boxes
and ship them out
to wicked hearts
who rob me
of
my
peace.

frustration indwelling

gathered swelling

of hell singing
songs of
brokenness in my temples.
thought it could be simple
maybe
to hide in the glamour
and the fantasy
ignoring the most important
parts of me
not for sale,
but i bargained my
worth down
to buy one get one free.

spades deceiving
those looking for crooked l-words
stunted by four letter grammar
that's no where near being new.
i let him
have me
cuz i
wanted him
to.
wrap me up in bow ties
and sparkly delights
that stick onto
me like
rotten gum
on shoes.
and keepsake
that moment
in a listless notion
that motion me
to sickness
once i realize
this harvest was
well past due.

from me to you
my honour
shattered
from me to you
my calmness
scattered
from me to you
and back to me
i received the burnt
end of the wick
that was lighted by
this corrosive matter.

this is the farming
of the clearance bones
smothered in melancholy
maladies that flood me
just by entertaining
thoughts of you.

again
and again

letting self defeat
and red-stickered
desperation
become
my
best
friend.

No comments: