10.18.2005

| cuz i got it like that |

i smell like
the Promised Land
on purpose
Hurt your glare
if you take in
my beauty too long
make hush puppies
sing love songs
abandoning
defeat as
pimps
on unemployment cheques
beg for mercy at my feet
it ain't easy
being so fly
so i tone it down
incognito
riding solo on the metro
with hoops and
Jamaican colored rings
drinking Ting
as the flavoured
tonic of the day.
Holler if you hear me
but don't come near me
if your pants
sag lower than my heels
and your ride
is rims on Big Wheels
cuz a sistergirl
puts self respect on deck
before desperation.
In this Toronto situation
i sundial the Tower
to tell clocks from minutes
i analog math
before single digits
and headwrapped
homegirls like me
rather carry occupations
than stagger blindly
from the club 1/2 hr before 3.
it
aint
so easy
being
me,
but i perfect it
with ease
make revolution harmonies
with the banging of my keys
and raise GPA's
with ideas that surpass
the confidence of
unparalleled TA's
that
cant
even
grade
my
essays.
it aint
as cocky
as it is true
the prevaricate
is the opposite
of this uncompromised
tune.
take in a wiff
and reminisce back
to Exodus
when the thought of my
scent
was heaven sent
sided with 2 cents
more than the predicted
quotient.

stir it up
and take a sip of
this potion.

Milk &
Honey
is the name of my
lotion...




HAHAHA, it really is! Burt's Bees Milk & Honey body lotion is the greatest.

I dunno how smelling myself turned into a freestyle. *shrugs* Oh well.

3 comments:

jasdye said...

it ain't so easy
being cheesy

but you pull it off with brie to spare!

nyuck, nyuck!

kurisu said...

lol. what is up with you lately? you're leaving nonsense replies on EVERYONE's blogs.

I'm scared.

*runs away quickly*

*turns around and throws cheddar*

jasdye said...

well, by now you've probably guessed.

tee hee.

but i did think that post was cheesy. and below you. much below you.

i still think you have a great flow.

siempre!